My Year in books 2023--memorable journey

 


I managed to read 18 books in 2023. Overall, it was an enthralling and magical experience. I almost lived with the characters in these books and in the places narrated. I read regularly back in school. Over the past few years, my interests were varied. I spent most of my time working. Health, wellness and music occupied most of my free-time. It was in 2022 that I began reading again. Being environed by readers, I picked up Sooley. I read a bit and moved to complete my lifetime favourite "The Class" by Erich Segal. It was the right book at the right time. It inspired hope and strength in me when I needed it the most. Ever since, there has been no looking back. I picked up one book after another. My schedule didn't permit me to read more than 18 books. But, I must say that I enjoyed each of the books. Hope to make more time for books in the coming year. 

A few words on the ones that I read in 2023

1. John Grisham's Sooley  Heart touching 

2. Bill Bryson's Down Under Awe-inspiring, fun and adventurous 

3. Nigel Lithman QC's Nothing like the Truth Thought-provoking and inspiring

4. Consciousness A graphic guide Mind blowing!

5.  Christina Dalcher's Q Scary, realistic and a great page-turner

6. Spirituality through Science Advanced; One book to re-read 

7. The Keeper of Stories Mysterious 

8. The Secret Barrister My book of the year

9. Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone Magical and captivating

10. Dr. Seuss' I had trouble in Getting to Solla Sollew Yellow Back Book Deep  Deep!

11. Graham Cann's The Ultimate Trivia collection Loads of fun 

12. Roald Dahl's Charlie and the chocolate factory Heartening and full of life 

13. The Adventures of Tom Sawyer and the Huckleberry Finn One that I'd love to re-read 

14. How to do magic that works Brilliant! 

15. Dr. Seuss' Green Eggs and Ham How very true 

16. The Adventure of Sherlock Homes' A Scandal in Bohemia The Story 

17. Ian Mcewan's Enduring Love 

18. Ikigai Found my purpose 
 

Comments

Popular Posts