Two brilliant books from different eras

 

The Painswick Line: 

It is one of the best books I have ever read. It was such a delight to read each chapter that presented something new, witty and funny. I’d highly recommend this one for anyone who likes legal fiction. I bought Henry Cecil’s books after seeing them on Justice Leela Seth’s bookshelf on a TV show Justbooks. The book begins with Justice Painswick’s discovery of a new way of making quick money. That forges him on a journey to meet new people, who later become family. The book revolves around stories about the Judge and his son, Martin. It’s a 5⭐️ read. 

Goodreads Link

Stephen King: His Life, Work and Influences

his book is a brilliant read and a must-read for Stephen King fans. He is decidedly the king of horror. The book talks about his journey, childhood, struggles, influences, success and works. His story is so well narrated that it's unputdownable. The pictures are like cherries on the top. The book aptly describes what he went through while creating the magic that he presented to us, over the years. I hope to revisit this book a decade later; I am certain I will enjoy it as much as I did this time--or perhaps even more. Ben narrates, "Some people believe it is possible to learn about a writer through a careful reading of his or her work, others think a writer’s work is best understood by knowing the details and circumstances of that person's life. Which way does the mirror point or does it work in both directions." I think it works in both directions. Having a background of his life and journey has inspired me to read his books and I am sure I will relate his works with stories from his life.

My thanks to Netgalley for the Advanced Readers Copy.

Goodreads Link

Comments

Popular Posts