Paddington Marches on : A heart-warming delight


         A few days back, I was wondering which book to read after a long hiatus. The last book I read was a non-fiction by Zoe Mckey. Ever since I watched Paddington, the movie, I have been very impressed by the character and Mr Brown's family. A few years back, I was pleasantly surprised to know of the Paddington books by Michael Bond and I bought the complete collection of books. 

It was a sheer delight to read this wonderful children's book. Although, it felt like a collection of short stories on Paddington's life, reading it in one-go, like a novel, made the experience more relishable. The initial chapters evoked sympathy and affection for Paddington for, in all his adventures, he went out of his way to help out people. 

I almost gasped an 'awww...' when Paddington reaches a celebration only to have missed something important. Every time, Paddington went to explore the city, it felt as if the readers travelled along. Mr Brown's fervour watching Paddington excel rubbed off on us as we begin to cheer for Paddington. It felt like a perfect-escape to a world of adventure, fun and celebration with the brown family and the lovely bear. 

Comments