Back from a hiatus!
It's heartening to be back on Goodreads and my blog (booksfoodmylife.blogspot) after several months. I must say that I really missed reading all of your book reviews and sharing mine. Hoping to read all the books that I've been eagerly waiting to read and to recommend the list of my favorites! One that just brought home an important aspect of life was Oliver Burkeman's Four Thousand weeks: yes, we all have a couple of thousand weeks for all the books that we live and dream of reading. Interestingly, I was touched by the story of Dan, who managed to read and keep a handwritten list of the three thousand books (ALL from the Columbus Metropolitan Library) that he read since 1962. His family shared the brilliant list in a website dedicated to him. Even one book in ten days would take us a long way. I say one in ten days because I believe in quality reading over the number of books and I take time to carefully and thoughtfully curate my to-be-read list; although I must confess that I have realised that both matter equally. So, let me begin this wonderful journey (after a hiatus) with all the curiosity and passion for the non-fiction and fictions that come my way. Just as a pinch of turmeric in our tea or milk would go a long way in boosting immunity, a few pages of our favourite books would transiently transport us into another uplifting world making reality even better. Happy reading to all!
Comments
Post a Comment